MTP's Darran Kitchener to present at RTPI North East's Infrastructure Seminar - 11 November 2019
Our Associate Director, Darran is excited to present at the Royal Town Planning Institute North East seminar on 'Infrastructure - Policy, planning and delivery at a national, regional and local level' next Monday, at the Business Central in Darlington.
Darran will be discussing how the
planning of new developments, and improvements to existing developments, frequently
require the introduction of new or upgraded transport infrastructure. During his
talk, Darran will also discuss some recent case studies where collaborative working has
both succeeded and failed in bringing about cohesive, policy-compliant,
deliverable solutions to specific issues. Darran will also explore where he believes the industry should focus efforts, as we move into a more sustainable future.
Darran will be presenting at 14.40 on Monday, so please do come along and say hello!
Please see list of speakers and topics covered below; it looks to be an interesting day!
- 10.00 Chair’s introduction by Timothy Crawshaw, Crawshaw Urban Design
- 10.10 Making Darlington Station HS2 and NPR Ready? Jonathan Spruce, Director – Fore Consulting Ltd
- 10.50 Infrastructure Delivery Alex J Roberts, Director, Strategic Planning Research Unit – DLP Planning Limited
- 11.50 A Smarter Approach to Infrastructure Planning James Harris, Policy and Networks Manager - RTPI
- 12.30 The Road to IAMP Mark Reynolds, IAMP LLP
- 14.00 Policy, planning and delivery at a national, regional and local levels: the opportunity spaces for Green Infrastructure Alister Scott, Northumbrian University
- 14.40 Planning for Transport Darran Kitchener, Director - Milestone Transport Planning Ltd
For full event details, please pop over to the RTPI website - https://www.rtpi.org.uk/events/events-calendar/2019/november/infrastructure-ne/